Memphis Truck Accident Lawyers
Due to the considerable size of most commercial trucks and 18-wheelers, truck accidents frequently result in exceedingly severe and life-threatening injuries. If you have experienced such an accident, you likely know that there can be both short-term and long-term physical and emotional consequences afterward. Our Memphis legal team believes that you should not have to be responsible for the resulting medical bills, loss of income while recovering, and property damage that can occur due to the reckless or negligent behavior of others.
The Memphis truck accident lawyers at John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers have helped accident victims just like you aggressively pursue justice and compensation following a truck accident caused by another party. Despite your hardships, there is help available through our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys. Contact us at (866) 537-1881, fill out an email contact form, or chat with us live to speak with a member of our team today.
Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims
Truck accident cases are typically more complicated than other types of highway accident cases, so it is imperative to contact an attorney immediately after your accident with a commercial truck or 18-wheeler. The best course of action is to speak with a lawyer who knows how to preserve evidence in your case, consult appropriate experts, find eyewitnesses, locate the truck driver, and handle the details to make sure you get the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Immediately after a truck accident, trucking companies will have their investigators on the scene to start preparing their defense. Often, trucking companies will have their lawyers at the scene of a truck accident within hours of the crash itself. These trucking companies will have their investigators and attorneys fighting for them; you need someone like us fighting on your behalf.
Why Choose John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers?
If you are a victim of an accident with a truck or tractor-trailer in Memphis, now is the time to act. John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers has successfully fought for justice and compensation for people just like you. We have developed lasting relationships with our clients who rely on us for our legal assistance and depend on us to be compassionate, communicative, and tough.
John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers are continually striving to remain at the top of our field, keeping up to date on the latest technologies in trial work, and continuing to educate ourselves on updates in truck accident injury law. Our truck crash attorneys are committed to fighting for you to get the justice and compensation that you deserve.
At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, we have the skills, knowledge, and experience help secure the compensation you are owed, so that you can get on with your life after an accident. Our track record of success on behalf of our clients speaks for itself, as we have assisted many individuals and families in the Memphis and surrounding areas with cases just like yours.
With John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers we are ready to fight to protect your best interests. For a free consultation regarding your trucking accident, contact us today at (866) 537-1881, or use our online contact form or chat live with us to speak with one of our representatives. We do not collect a fee unless we win your case for you.
Truck Accident Cases We Handle
As a rule, trucking companies and their drivers should take every precaution to prevent accidents from occurring because they know the catastrophic results that can happen when a truck collides with a car, passenger truck, or motorcycle. In the Memphis area, truck accidents still occur far too frequently. Listed below are some of the types of causes of truck accidents:
- Drunk Driving – If a truck driver chooses to operate the vehicle while under the influence, they should be held accountable for their actions if they are involved in a collision with another vehicle.
- Mechanical Defect and Malfunction – Trucking companies have a responsibility to maintain their vehicles to keep them free from defects or malfunctions. Failure to do so puts other drivers at risk and may result in serious injury accidents.
- Employer Negligence and Liability – If the trucking company is negligent in any way, from failing to train or supervise drivers in their employ correctly, they may be held liable for injuries that their drivers cause to others.
- Truck Driver Error and Negligence – If a truck driver fails to uphold his or her duty of safety on the road, legal action may be taken against them if they cause harm to others.
- No-Zone Accidents – Drivers should be careful of vehicles that are traveling in their “no-zones” or the multiple blind spots on the vehicle. Failure to take proper care and drive with caution can result in an injury accident.
- Wrongful Death – If an individual is killed in an accident with a truck or 18-wheeler, the family of the victim may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible parties.
In addition to the above, some other common causes of truck accidents are driver fatigue, overloaded freight, excessive speed, and defective tires. When truck drivers and trucking companies injure unsuspecting and innocent motorists, they need to be held accountable for their wrongdoing.
Truck accident cases differ significantly from car crashes and other types of cases. Experience counts when an attorney is hired to handle your injury case involving a tractor trailer or 18-wheeler. Truckers and transportation companies must comply with a complex set of federal and state laws and regulations and other safety protocol. The tractor-trailer accident attorneys at John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the frequently changing rules and regulations.
Complex truck accident litigation requires thorough investigation, the opinions of expert witnesses, and the creative use of discovery procedures after the suit is filed. From broken bones and lacerations to whiplash and brain damage, the effects of a truck accident can be severe and long-lasting. At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, we believe that accident victims should not have to shoulder the financial burden of an accident. We are ready to help you take aggressive action against the person or entity responsible for your unnecessary suffering.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if someone from the trucking company calls me before I’ve picked a truck accident lawyer?
Do not agree to make a recorded statement to the trucking company or their insurance carrier. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier. Call our firm for a free consultation, and we will look at any paperwork they send to you and will handle phone calls and other communication on your behalf.
What can I do to protect my rights after a truck accident?
As the victim of a truck wreck, you have legal rights to compensation for your injuries. However, because trucking accidents often involve multiple responsible parties and insurance companies, obtaining that payment can be a nightmare. Without legal representation, you’re likely to be bullied out of a fair settlement. Trucking companies will typically have unlimited resources, including teams of lawyers to fight against any lawsuit you may file as a result of an accident—even if your injuries are severe and your medical expenses are extensive. If you have been tractor-trailer trailer or sizeable commercial vehicle, the best way to protect yourself is to contact an experienced truck crash attorney who will defend your rights and ensure that you are compensated fairly.
Who can be sued in a truck accident case?
In a truck accident case, the truck driver, transportation company, or owner of the truck may be liable. In other cases, the facility responsible for loading the truck, or even the entity responsible for the contents of the trailer can be held accountable as well. Each case is unique, so the best way to determine who is at fault is by speaking with a lawyer. That is why we offer free consultations to our potential clients.
Why do I need a police report?
The crash report for your accident will contain crucial information about your case. This may include names and contact information of the parties involved, a description of how and where exactly the accident occurred, any citations that were given, and an indication of who was deemed at fault for the crash. Without the report, you will have trouble proving your side of the story.
U.S. Truck Accident Statistics
Key findings from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration:
- In 2014 there were 3,903 people killed in crashes involving large trucks, a 2-percent-decrease from 2013.
- An estimated 111,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks in 2014—an increase of 17 percent from an estimated 95,000 in 2013.
- In 2014 seventy-three percent of people killed in large-truck crashes were occupants of the other vehicles.
- Seventy-nine percent of the fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2014 occurred on weekdays.
- Two percent of the large-truck drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2014 had blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) of .08 g/dL or higher, much lower than drivers of other vehicle types (22% for passenger cars, 22% for light trucks, and 29% for motorcycles).
- In 2014 drivers of large trucks in fatal crashes were less likely to have previous license suspensions or revocations than were passenger car drivers.
- Large-truck drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2014 had the highest percentage (14.9%) of previously recorded crashes compared to drivers of other vehicle types (motorcycles, 13.6%; passenger cars, 12.6%; and light trucks, 12.0%).
From 2013 to 2014 there was a 19-percent increase in the number of injured occupants of other vehicles involved in large-truck traffic crashes, from 69,000 injured occupants in 2013 to 82,000 injured occupants in 2014.
Call John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers Today
Seeking the compensation that you need after a truck accident might seem overwhelming, and it is not something you should try to handle on your own. Our attorneys are committed to helping motorists pursue compensation from the truck driver, manufacturer, or trucking company that is found to be responsible for their accident.
To discuss the legal options that may be available to you with one of our Memphis 18-wheeler accident attorneys, complete our online form, chat live, or give our offices a call at (866) 537-1881 today. At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, our goal is maintaining the highest standard of excellence in the protection of individual rights – through teamwork and the use of our extensive resources and experience. Our consultation is always free, and we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.